The Istanbul Chief Prosecutor's Office has said that the raid on a villa in Turkey's northwestern province of Yalova was based on information pointing that one of the Khashoggi murderers contacted a Saudi businessperson residing there.
Khashoggi - a Saudi writer, United States resident and Washington Post columnist - had entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2 to obtain documentation certifying he had divorced his former wife so he could remarry.
Khashoggi, 59, had attended the consulate to deal with the paperwork for his impending marriage.
"It has been established that one of the perpetrators of killing Khashoggi contacted a Saudi Arabia national residing in Yalova just a day before the incident [on October 1]".
The Saudi authorities have arrested 18 persons over Khashoggi's killing and brought criminal charges against 11 of them.
Turkish media outlets have named the Saudi suspects who flew into Istanbul and left on the same day the journalist was last seen.
European Union must learn lessons from Brexit, says Macron
His comments came as the Prime Minister travelled to Brussels with her Brexit deal under threat at home and overseas . Tajani said a "large majority" of European parliamentarians supported the deal.
Turkey has maintained pressure on Saudi Arabia over killing of the USA -based columnist for The Washington Post.
A demonstrator holds a poster with a picture of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi outside the Saudi Arabia consulate in Istanbul, Turkey on October 25, 2018.
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a Turkish official familiar with the investigation told ABC News that investigators are searching for the remains of Khashoggi's body. After offering numerous contradictory explanations, Riyadh later said Khashoggi had been killed and his body dismembered when negotiations to persuade him to return to Saudi Arabia failed.
There is also no confirmation of who ordered the killing.
The kingdom, however, later admitted that Khashoggi had been murdered in the consulate during an interrogation by rogue operatives that had gone wrong after diplomatic pressure grew tremendously on Riyadh to give an account on the mysterious fate of its national.
Meanwhile, Prince Mohammed was due to arrive in Egypt on Monday for a two-day visit, state news agency MENA reported, part of his first trip overseas since Khashoggi's murder.