According to Diane Chung's legal claim, her Note 9 suddenly felt significantly hotter while she was using it inside an elevator. Chung had placed the phone in her purse when "she heard a whistling and screeching sound, and she noticed thick smoke".
"The mobile didn't stop burning until a good Samaritan grabbed it with a cloth and plunked it into a bucket of water", the report notes.
Oh, no! Have the Samsung Galaxy's exploding battery woes returned?
Of course, the United States being the United States, a lawsuit has now resulted with the plaintiff suing Samsung for "unspecified damages and a restraining order barring the sales of any Galaxy Note 9s".
More diversity jokes than wins for people of color at the Emmys
The long-running NBC sketch show, already the top Emmy victor ever with 71, won again for best variety sketch series. TV's big night is back once again.
The New York Post reported that Samsung did not comment on the issue. Chung cites losing her contacts, the contents of her bag, and the traumatizing experience in her lawsuit that also calls on the ghosts of burned Galaxy Note 7s in 2016.
Another senior Samsung official Kate Beaumon had said that the latest Note 9 uses a newer cooling system for better heat dissipation. "Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore". Several cases of Note 7 smartphone catching fire were reportede from across the world, forcing the company to dump 2.5 million devices.
Ms. Chung is now filing a lawsuit against Samsung that along with damages is seeking to ban any further sales of the Note 9. At 4,000mAh, it is the biggest battery found in a device that is marketed under the Galaxy Note brand. Rumors say they may be related to the rear cameras, with a three or even four-lens array a possibility-though Samsung's October 11 Galaxy event that promises "4X fun" could see the unveiling of its first quad-camera phone.